First Attempt at a cyborg Design for this project. The idea of creating a broken droid served as a fun challenge and something that's out of my comfort zone.
Having to make the droid more androgynous, I edited my first attempt considering I really liked where it was going. For this design, I almost feel as if it would have to rely on prosthetics - which at this point in time I won't be able to supply the funds to do so - but would be a fun design if given the time and money to bring to fruition!
Having to create a design that's less prosthetic heavy, androgynous, and could aim for an application time around 3 hours - I revisited my droid designs to make a look that could fit such function. I wanted this droid to look very human like, and to have paper like skin that could warp and rip off certain parts of the body. Both eyes would be made out of plastic discs in which could be applied to the face using scar wax.
The side of the head could be fabricated with wires and pieces of broken electronics, and the body could be made with props and a body suit. Bald cap would be needed. And I would really like to make some sort of chest piece involving a mechanical heart
Having the arm be my second, if not my first main focus of the design, I would like to have one arm fully exposing the mechanical qualities of the character. My inspiration being drawn from "anatomically correct" cyborg tattoo drawings - for the artists that tattooed these put great time, consideration, and detail into his work. The pieces are thoughtful laid out and make a series of layers and patters. The way the play together falls almost organically - something which I really like! ;)
Because of my time, limited resources, and planning, I wanted to use the application as a way to plot out shapes within a complicated form - or the curve of an arm. My biggest challenge for this was strictly relying on my painting skills for the application, and trying to avoid flatness when only using two colors - Black and Gold. If I were to do this application again, I would want to experiment beyond the metal, by figuring out ways I could make the arm appear like it was ripping out of flesh.
So I could make appropriate plans, I took a piece of tracing paper and traced the surface in which the design would be applied to. Once I was acquainted with the area I was working with, I drew out elements of the design in which I found to be prominent. I label them in numbers to plan out how I would work - although I found myself straying from this plan during the application. The rest was free hand and filling in the gaps, as well as shading and retouching to give it the look I was going for!